Surgical Abortion & Medical Abortion
- Limited Financial Assistance to patients who qualify.
- Please call AWC or request an appointment, and one of our telephone counselors can determine your eligibility.
- Many insurance plans cover abortion care services.
- Please call AWC with your insurance information handy and we will be happy to verify your benefits.
- All abortion fees include:
- lab work, ultrasound, information and consents, meeting with a patient advocate, surgical care, most medications, and a post-surgical follow-up appointment at no extra charge.
Rhogam Injection (for Rh negative blood types): $60 – $80
For the 15% of people who are Rh negative, this additional injection is medically necessary.
Our Gynecology & Birth Control Fees
AWC offers a full range of gynecology and birth control services at some of the lowest prices in the area. Call us during our office hours for a comprehensive out-of-pocket fee quote or to see if your insurance will cover your services.
For additional assistance, consider the programs listed below:
- Paragard Patient Referral Form
- ARCH Patient Assistance Program (Mirena, Skyla, Kyleena)
- Liletta Patient Programs
- NuvaRing Multiuse Saving Coupon
- Payment in full is expected at the time of service, but financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
- AWC accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, debit cards, money orders, and cash (in exact change amounts).
- The credit card holder must be present in the clinic in order to use credit or debit cards.
- Checks are accepted, with approval, for any extra unforeseen charges that may occur.
Limited Financial Assistance
- Limited financial assistance to patients who qualify. If you have concerns about your ability to pay the full fee, please know that the sooner you can come for care, the smaller the fee will be.
- As a National Abortion Federation (NAF) provider clinic, some funding is available to us, because we are located in a state in which Medicaid does not cover for abortion. The funding is based on income and family size.
Participating Insurance Companies
AWC participates with most major insurance companies (see list below).
Please provide your insurance coverage information when you initially call for information about our services. We like to do this in advance of your appointment. We will contact your insurance company to verify coverage for our services and to determine any financial liability on your part. The information we receive from your insurance carrier is only an estimate and their final determination will be made upon receipt of a claim for your services.
|Aetna||Keystone Health Plan Central|
|Amerihealth HMO||Keystone Health Plan East|
|Blue Shield (including out-of-state plans)||Oxford|
|Capital Blue Cross||Personal Choice|
|Geisinger Health Plan||UMR|
|Highmark Blue Shield||United Healthcare|
|Independence Blue Cross|
|Independence Administrators||Other plans by verification|
Pennsylvania Medical Assistance Plans
Note: In the case of rape, incest or threat to a pregnant person’s life, Pennsylvania Medicaid will cover abortion services. Prior authorization is necessary, and forms can be obtained from Allentown Women’s Center.