AWC strives to provide compassionate caring and accessible reproductive healthcare. Our safe and affirming services include hormone replacement therapy, assistance with legal document changes, upper/lower exams, self-injection instruction, referrals, transition care, and abortion care.
Beginning Hormone Replacement Therapy – First Medical Appointment
- Medical History: You will be asked to fill out paperwork pertaining to your medical and family history.
- Physical exam (If you have had a physical exam in the past year, you can bring those records to your appointment or have them faxed to AWC.)
- You’ll have a chance to meet with our Medical Director to discuss the medical considerations for beginning and/or continuing your transition hormonally.
Beginning Hormone Replacement Therapy – Second Medical Appointment (Must have referral letter from counselor/therapist)
- Review lab work with Medical Director
- Discuss next steps in your care
- Once prescribed hormones, you should expect to return to AWC within 3 months
- Blood work will be done to monitor hormone levels
- If you are using injectable hormones, we will offer self- injection lessons with our medical support staff.
Counseling Services & Referrals
- AWC does require a referral letter from a counselor/therapist in order to begin hormone therapy.
- Patients who have already begun hormone therapy and are transferring to AWC, do not require a letter.
- AWC has a therapist on staff who offers convenient, affordable counseling in the office.
- For a list of mental health and counseling referrals, including several who offer Skype®, please call the office.
Referral letters from your counselor/therapist can be faxed to AWC or brought in on the day of your appointment.
- The Human Rights Campaign
- The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association
- National Center for Lesbian Rights
- Campus Pride Index